Tuesday 22 July 2014

Review: Eversea by Natasha Boyd

Oh my what to say about this book. I was just swept along and devoured it in one sitting. 
I decided to read the book after seeing it compared to books by Nicholas Sparks and Jamie McGuire and I must say it didn't disappoint. I was very lucky to receive this as an ARC from Headline Eternal.


The Blurb

An orphaned, small-town, southern girl, held hostage by responsibility and self-doubt.

A Hollywood A-list mega-star, on the run from his latest scandal and with everything to lose.

A chance encounter that leads to an unlikely arrangement and epic love affair that will change them both for ever.

As powerful as the pounding surf, as intoxicating as the sea breeze, this is one love affair you won't be able to forget about...



My Thoughts

Ok,so where to start with this book as there is just so much about it that I don't seem to be able to put into words. First off I think I just need to say that the synopsis of this book just doesn't do it justice as it makes it sound like a cliched, Cinderella story and it really isn't.

We meet our heroine, strong and feisty Keri Anne Butler who has been left behind in the small seaside town of Butler Cove Island whilst her brother Joey is off finishing his degree. She is working in the local bar and struggling to renovate her family home and return it back to its former glory. One night she bumps into Hollywood star, Jack Eversea who is looking for somewhere to hide out away from the paparazzi after it comes out that his actress girlfriend has been cheating on him.The pair strike up an unlikely friendship which ultimately leads to an unlikely love affair.

There are just so many things I loved about this book. I adored Keri Anne she wasn't your normal female lead in this kind of book. She is a strong, independent woman struggling to discover who she really is. She battles with her desire for Jack knowing deep down that their two worlds just don't mix. She doesn't take any nonsense and stands her ground.She was a very real and believable character and I was just rooting for her to find the happiness she so deserves after so much heartbreak. She is a reader and spends her life wrapped up in books which I can totally relate to. And it just so happens that Jack Eversea is the actor who has been responsible for bringing her fictional book hero to life on the big screen. It is no surprise that she can't stop herself falling for him.

Then there is the setting of the book. I have a thing for books set in the Low Country, there is just something about them and I am desperate to go visit the Carolinas. Boyd, had a way of making me feel I was actually there and I would love to be a resident of Butler Cove. And then there were turtles in the book, I just love turtles. I learned about sea-turtles after reading Mary Alice Monroe's Beach House series and then spent ages watching them at SeaWorld in Florida last year.

The secondary characters are great too. Keri's best friend Jazz comes across as fun and really compliments the more serious side of Keri Ann.Then there is Keri Anne's brother, Joey who feels very responsible for leaving his sister on her own to fend for herself and also very protective of her. Not to mention the fact that Jazz and Joey used to be an item.

And lastly there is Jack.This book has the total swoon factor and that comes in the form of Jack Eversea. Yes he is a dreamy Hollywood A-lister, too good looking for his own good but there was so much more depth to Jack. He has a tragic past and is running from his childhood, he hides behind his Hollywood status when all he really wants to be is normal and to be loved. 

This book was beautifully written and had me captivated right from the start. I was totally lost in the world of Jack and Kerri-Anne for a few blissful hours and oh my what a cliffhanger at the end. Natasha Boyd certainly leaves us wanting more.

So really all that is left to say is Where can I find me a Jack?

Published by Headine Eternal 19th June 2014
Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment