Friday 31 October 2014

Guest Post: Rebecca Raisin Plans Her Own (Fictional) Christmas Wedding

Thank you for inviting me here today, Sam!

I’ve had far too much fun planning a fictional wedding for Lil and Damon in Christmas Wedding at the Gingerbread Café! I lost DAYS on Pinterest, the complete time-suck that it is, but it’s such a great site for wedding planning!

If I was to design my own Christmas Wedding that would be the very first place I’d go for ideas, and creative things you can do on any budget.

I live in Australia so my Christmas Wedding would be markedly different to Lil’s! In Ashford, Connecticut it’s snowing, and the middle of a very cold winter. In Australia, Christmas is our summer time…

So with that in mind, I’d probably plan for a wedding close to the beach! Temperatures tend to be high 30c here in December.

The first thing I’d do is find a venue. I’d lean towards a holiday spot, so our guests could all have a few days off in a stunning location. In the top of my state there’s an idyllic place called Broome. The beach spans for miles and it’s always hot there. It’s not very busy considering it’s such a stunning place. So that would be my first choice of venue. This picture sums up Broome perfectly! Tourists flock back to the beach at sunset to go on a camel ride and watch the sunk sink into the sea. I can imagine being married on the beach would be such a relaxed, fun way to do it.















Picture taken from www.outbackspirittours.com.au

Next would be the dress! Being married in such a place, I’d go for something simple because of the heat and the sand.

I love this style! Simple and elegant!
Picture from www.baliagustailor.com

I’d probably go for a bouquet of frangipanis because they seem so suited to the beach, but I do love roses, so I’d have to toss a coin to decide that! I think, if my bridesmaids liked the colour, I’d have them in a very light yellow dress.

I like the idea that because it would be a destination wedding, everyone gets to join in on holiday. So for wedding favours, I’d make the guests something beachy, that they could use on holiday. So maybe a beach bag with magazines, a brightly coloured towel, sun cream, a funky water bottle, books!

I’d also like to celebrate with friends and family for the rest of the time they were in Broome, so I think I’d organise things like a boat cruise, and dinner so we could meet up once a day and hang out together, before everyone jets home and we settle down for our honeymoon!


Thanks for having me here today, Sam! Bec xxx

Author Bio


Rebecca Raisin is a true bibliophile. This love of books morphed into the desire to write them. She's been widely published in short story anthologies, and in fiction magazines. And now she is focusing on writing romance.

Rebecca aims to write characters you can see yourself being friends with. People with big hearts who care about relationships and believe in true love.

Author Links


1 comment: