Tuesday 11 November 2014

Q & As with Emma Jones Author of The Reckoning

A while ago I was able to reveal the cover of Emma Jones latest novel The Reckoning. The book is out now & Emma is taking over my blog today to share some Q & As 

The Book Blurb


As Lauren wakes after her 21st party she's not sure if she's hungover or dreaming but then she remembers.

The necklace.
The flashback.
The bond.
Daniel.

The consequences are great & details unknown. After a visit to the vampire council things settle down until vivid worrying dreams start to disrupt Lauren's sleep & life. 

The national news is filled with big cat killings but Lauren knows the truth& is being dragged into dark souls & black magic. Someone dangerous is getting into her head & her involvement with the council tests her relationships. 

How will Lauren cope? Is there a happy ending? Will blood be shed?

*********************************************************

If you would like to purchase The Reckoning the link is here & the first chapter is available to read on my blog
  

If you would to say Hi or comment on anything you can also find me on Twitter & Facebook and I'd absolutely love to hear from you Emoji  


A Few Q & A's 


What inspired you to base your novels on vampires?

I've always loved the vampire genre (long before Twilight came on the scene). I love the films Blade, Lost Boys and Interview with a Vampire. Currently I love the series Vampire Diaries although the Katherine storyline is getting on my nerves and The Originals.


What have you found the toughest aspect of self-publishing your book?


Without doubt the publicity. Naturally I'm not very good at blowing my own trumpet and do not know anyone in the industry. I've had to make contacts entirely from scratch.

What have you enjoyed the most since the launch of your debut novel?

I've enjoyed the sense of achievement and meeting some like minded bookish people on Twitter.


As a reader, do you prefer ebooks or print books?

Ebooks. Since having my Kindle I haven't bought a paperback. I do miss the feel of a real book but the storage is always a problem and obviously they can be bulky if travelling. I do still have a browse in Waterstones or WHSmith to see what's in the charts. For children I think print books are important. My children have loads of books and I think it is vital for learning to read and stimulating their little imaginations.

No comments:

Post a Comment