Tuesday 10 November 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Book To Movie Adaptations I'm Looking Forward To

Top Ten Tuesday is an original weekly meme created over at The Broke and the Bookish

This is my first time taking part & it's the perfect week to start as I love a good book to movie adaptation and there are so many great ones to look forward to.


1. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 by Suzanne Collins

The last film is almost here and to be honest I'm not quite sure I'm ready to say goodbye to Katniss yet. The Hunger Games trilogy is up there in my top ten favourite books of all time and I've come to love the films as well.





2. Looking For Alaska by John Green

This was the first John Green book that I read & I loved it.
Really looking forward to seeing who they cast in the lead roles in this one.






3. Allegiant by Veronica Roth

The Divergent trilogy wraps up next year with the final film in the franchise Allegiant. I was a little bit shocked at the plot of this book and I'm looking forward to see how it plays out on screen.





4. Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover

I fell in love with Colleen Hoover as an author when I read this book last year. It's a book that is packed with emotion and I am so looking forward to it being on the big screen. It does help that a real hottie has been cast to play Miles.






5. Room by Emma Donoghue

I read Room with my reading group and it's a book that evoked some powerful discussion. 
It was a very emotional read and having seen the trailer it looks that it is going to be a really powerful film.





6. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins

If you haven't heard of this book then you have most likely been living in a hole somewhere. There has been so much hype surrounding Paula Hawkins' debut novel and having read the book I can say it is well deserved.
For the film they are relocating to New York and with Emily Blunt in the lead role of Rachel I'm really hoping that the book is done justice.

7. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

This book was beautiful, full of wonderful imagery and great characters. There doesn't seem to be much out there on who is directing, who the cast are and I really don't know if this is a book that can be captured on film. I am looking forward to seeing it though.




8. Six Years by Harlan Coben

Harlan Coben is one of my favourite authors and Six Years is one of his best books. Again there isn't much to be found on the internet other than Hugh Jackman's name is attached to play the lead.





9. Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

This book is in Brad Pitt's hands to turn into a film and looks to have a fantastic cast lined up. 







10. The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling

I've never actually read the book but have seen the Disney animated film so many times. This latest film version is going to be a live action film and has some great names doing the voices including Scarlett Johansson, Idris Elba and Bill Murray. 

No comments:

Post a Comment